2005 -MA Fine Art, Nottingham Trent School of Art and Design. Awarded distinction for investigation of site.
2004 BA Hons Fine Art, Nottingham Trent School of Art and Design.
- Arts Council England, Grants for the Arts 2015.
- BBC Get Creative Champion 2015.
- 1st prize at Thoresby Gallery Open Exhibition, Nottinghamshire 2014.
- Arts Council England, Grants for the Arts 2014.
- Winner of Halls Fine Art Open Competition, Weston Park Granary Art Gallery, Shropshire 2011.
- Shortlisted for The Art of Giving, Saatchi Gallery, London 2010.
- The Good Shepherd, most interesting use of the theme inclusion, Qube, Shropshire 2005.
- 3D prize-winner, Nottingham Open, Nottingham Castle 2004.
- Shopping Bag, National Winner, Slug and Lettuce Bar Culture, London 2003.
- Cosy, living sculpture, Derby Arts Festival, Derby 2003.
- 2015 - 2015 Artist in Residence, Erewash Museum, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 5JA (11th September until 30th October).
- 2005 - 2008 The United Reformed Church, Derbyshire.
- 2004 - 2005 Artist in Residence, Surface Gallery, Nottingham.
- 2017 Winchester Cathedral, Jane Austen portrait with 5000 cotton tapes.
- 2016 Bromley House Library, Nottingham (200 years).
- 2014 Nottinghamshire County Council Arts Development Service. Part of the World War One Centenary Commemorations across City and County trent-to-trenches.
- 2013 Liberty, London.
- 2013 Paul Smith, London.
- 2008 Site Specific Commission, Derbyshire.
- BBC TV Breakfast East Midlands Today Monday 20th November 2017.
- BBC Radio Derby with Ian Skye Monday 20th November 2017 at 7.45am.
- BBC Radio Nottingham with Mark Dennison Monday 15th May 2017 at 10.35am.
- Notts TV. A portrait of the monarch made from army uniform labels will go on display in Nottingham in celebration of the ...
- BBC FOUR MAKE #craftbritain 9 June 9pm available on BBC iPlayer until 8th July 2016...
- Artist Joy Pitts, discussing her work: including 'Red Rabbit' as commissioned by renowned fashion designer ...
- Artist Joy Pitts, discussing her work with Verity Cowley on BBC Radio Nottingham : including 'Red Rabbit ...
- Prayer as Pattern Installation, Bonington Atrium, Nottingham Trent University, 2006.
- Radio Times Magazine 17th - 24th November 2017
- Homespun Magazine 'Designer Edge' Australia June 2017
- Nottingham Post - Winston Churchill 5th Sept 2016
- Labelling Art - An interview with Joy Pitts www.hatalk.com 17th Aug 2016
- Put this on - a blog about dressing like a grown up June 2016
- Nottingham Post May 2016
- Radio Times Magazine 16th - 22nd April 2016
- Country Life Magazine March 2016
- Erewash Borough Council Magazine Label of Success Winter 2015
- Nottingham Trent University Alumni Network Magazine spring/summer 2015
- Ilkeston Life publication WW1 Pigeon September 2015
- LIFESTYLE De kunst van het lablen March 2015
- Nottingham Post January & April & October 2015
- Costume & Textile Association catalogue 2014
- HM Revenue & Customs Pulse Magazine August 2014
- Nottingham Post June & July 2014
- Royal Academy Summer Exhibition catalogue June 2014
- Nottinghamshire Today June 2014
- Nottingham Post - New meaning to designer labels May 2014
- Craft & Design Magazine by Rachael Chambers March/April 2014
- Cley 13 Contemporary Art catalogue 2013
- North Norfolk News July 2012
- Cley 12 Exhibition catalogue 2012
- Express & Star Shropshire August 2011
- an Magazine The Weston Park Fine Art Open 2005
- Qube catalogue INCLUSION 2005
- Derby Evening Telegraph August 2003